Committees shall be determined by the board, and will undertake the following tasks. Committees are made up of Board members, Community Council members and other volunteers.
1. Executive Committee
The Executive Committee is comprised of the four board officers and chaired by the Board Chair.
- Review and recommend Executive Director job description to the board.
- Coordinate Executive Director hiring process with involvement of full board.
- Coordinate Executive Director annual performance evaluation process that includes input form all board members and board approval of the final evaluation outcome.
- Review and recommend personnel policies to the board.
- Review and recommend compensation and benefits plan.
2. Finance Committee
The Finance Committee is chaired by the Treasurer, and consists of Board Members and any other people deemed necessary to complete its work.
- Develop budget.
- Budget monitoring.
- Present financial reports at each regular meeting of the board.
- Recommend financial guidelines/policies to the board.
- Monitor and make recommendations regarding short and long-term investments.
3. Fundraising Committee
The Fundraising Committee is vital to the SWOP program and consists of the Committee Chairperson, Board members and any other people deemed necessary to complete its work.
- Recommend fundraising policy to the board.
- Work with staff to develop a fundraising plan for recommendation to the board.
- Work with fundraising staff in their efforts to raise money.
- Coordinate board member involvement in outreach efforts/fundraising events.
4. Governance Committee
The Governance Committee coordinates recruitment of new board members. It is Chaired by the board Vice-Chair, and consists of Board Members an any other people deemed necessary to complete its work.
- Coordinates board recruitment.
- Coordinate board member orientation and mentor matching.
- Coordinate participation of all board members in annual board self-assessment.
- Coordinate annual board development training based on self-assessment results.
- Coordinate review and revision of governing documents and board policies.