- A total of 10 youth are involved at each site for six weeks each summer, plus a week vacation
- Each community has a host site for this project, SWOP hires approved summer staff to supervise community work and provide life skills & mentoring
- The project concentrates on character building, life skills development activities, and employment-related skills.
- 8:30a.m. – life skills hour (led by site director, site host, or local guest speaker)
- 9:30a.m. – break for snack & prepare for work day
- 9:45a.m. – leave for work
- 11:45 a.m. – finish work, clean-up and return to home site
- 12:00 – 12:30p.m. – journaling and group reflection on the day
Guest speaker mornings
- 8:30 – transition time (for prep, travel time and review)
- 9:00 – guest speaker
- 10:00 – snack time and leave for work
- 11:45 – finish work, clean-up and return to home site
- 12:00 – 12:30p.m. – journaling and group reflection for the day
On pay day (Tuesdays, for the prior week), the group goes to the community bank to deposit their pay checks in their savings accounts.